Saturday, December 14, 2013

on my own.

Recently, I've been going through a lot of changes in my life. Relationships changing and things coming to light that I thought weren't there at all. That is both a good and bad thing. God has told me that I've entered into a season where I need to focus on myself and the specific plans He has for me. That doesn't mean that I need to become self-centered, that just means that I need to focus on Him, and what He wants me to do. It wasn't easy getting here, but I honestly feel incredibly free. It's me and my Abba, simple as that. The song I posted below is from one of my favorite songs at the moment by an amazing powerhouse named Tori Kelly. I absolutely love her song Dear No One because it perfectly describes where I'm at right now. I'm at a place now where I'm starting to get a deeper understanding of the future plans that God has for me. Not everyone in this world is going to like some things I do or choices I make, but honestly, I choose Jesus and what He thinks about me. That beats anything anyone else tries to make me believe. The people who truly love & care about me will be by my side, helping me navigate through these times of transition. I'm not saying that this is a cake walk by any means, because it isn't. There are definitely days where you end up just sitting down and crying out of nowhere. But, I know that in the future, I'm going to look back at this time and know that it was totally worth it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njmCUJ94lUM


No comments:

Post a Comment