Monday, July 8, 2013

genuine friends.

in life, sometimes you experience some heart break and some pain. last night, i had a hard conversation with someone very close to me. it caused a lot of heartache and pain. it was one of the hardest phone calls that i've ever had. it felt like i was trying to breathe underwater. but you know what God did in this situation? he had this all happen while 4 of the most amazing, loyal friends in the entire world were hanging out at my house. they just loved on me and spoke words of life into me. this just goes to show you how much the Father adores his kids and is always providing for us. God promises us that he will help us. Romans 15:13 says "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust Him. then, you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." He also says in Isaiah 46:4, "I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." God won't let us crash and burn. He loves us too much to let that happen. Even though my heart is fragile right now, I know I'll be okay. God's love is enough. It's truly enough. God puts people in our lives for different reasons, and last night proved that. it didn't make the pain any less hard, but it definitely helped me process it all. plus, we had an amazing night together. we played a very intense game of croquet, made skillet cookies with a partner and we could only use 1 hand each, had a crazy Wii tournament, danced outside to loud music, and laughed the whole time. thank you guys for loving me and being there no matter what :) i love you all so much. you all are such a blessing in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment