Tuesday, July 10, 2012

sharing my faith.



so, i'm hoping you guys watch american idol or at least know who Colton Dixon is. he was on this season and he got eliminated 7th. he was the best guy there for many reasons, but you know what my favorite reason was? he was public about his love and relationship with Jesus. i absolutely adore him for that. if you don't watch the show, once a contestant gets eliminated, they sing their last song. Colton chose to sing everything by lifehouse as his final song. the song is played on mainstream radio, but is really a song about God. once Colton was about to start the song, he got on his knees. the song started and he just sang with his eyes closed, kneeling before God. once he got to the chorus, he stood up. the lyrics in the song are "you're all I want, you're all I need, you're everything, everything." but instead Colton changed it to, "God you're all I want, God you're all I need, you're everything, everything." at that moment, i just loved him even more. as i've thought about that tonight and how he got so much feedback for sharing his love for Jesus with the world, I realized that people shouldn't be deathly afraid of sharing the amazing love of God with others. I myself have struggled with sharing that love, especially at school. it's so scary and so tough, but you could be saving lives by doing it and that is what is important. not getting made fun of or judged. my song for this post is the studio version of Colton singing Everything. I hope you enjoy it as much as i have. :) it's absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59zuLlKCLw

i love you all so much. thanks for reading my thoughts. talk to you all soon. :)


much love,
- the girl behind the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment