Monday, May 13, 2013

these past few weeks.

hello all. i'm finally back writing on here. i didn't fall off the earth, just so you all know. ;) 
i've been so busy these past few weeks. i've had a lot on my mind lately. i've had a lot happen and take place.

there's this new guy that had been in my Spanish class all year long. i didn't know him very well until second semester when we got moved by each other for a project. about 3 months ago, we finally got to talk and get to know each other. he became the one person that was the light in my day. he was really quiet and to himself, but he would turn and make a quick remark that would make me laugh. about two weeks ago, he told me that he was moving and that he wasn't coming back. he was the one part of my day that never felt lonely or sad. the last day i got to see him was this past Wednesday. we had finished our grammar lesson and we had like 15 minutes to just hang out and talk until it was time to go home. i was sitting in my seat, and he sat in his. we both had finished our homework assignment and so we were just packing our bags. as i was putting my books in my backpack, he said my name and i looked up at him. he asked me how i was and i told him i was alright and i asked him how he was. he told me how he's sad that he's leaving and that he is going home and packing everything up. by the sounds of everything he's told me these past few months, it sounds like his family moves quite frequently. he talked about how much he liked our school district and how he wishes he could stay until he graduates. i told him i wish that could have happened as well. he tells me that i should speak out more because people should hear what i have to say. i smile and before i can say anything, the bell rings. he gets up and walks out the door.  i know it's weird that someone i didn't really know made such an impact on me, but that's how God works sometimes. i couldn't help but tear up, because that one safe person i had is now gone. i only have eight and a half days left, but every single time i go to spanish now, i look at the empty seat next to me and it just triggers a lot of thoughts. i'm not bitter about it because i know that God put him in my life for a significant reason and i'm blessed to have had him in my life, even if it wasn't for very long.

i've also been in the midst of writing a worship song with someone very close to me. he's been there through a lot with me, in the nine months i've known him. he's one of the best guys i've ever known in my entire life. his heart for God is so genuine and real. i absolutely love that, because you can see that through these lyrics. he showed me the lyrics and they just spoke to me very deeply. he then asked if i would want to put music to them and help him finish the song. the next morning, i woke up and went to sit at my piano. i prayed before and told God that i wanted Him to write this song because we want to hear what He has to say to us. within a couple hours, i had the song close to done. God took control and a powerful worship song came out of it. 

i promise i will post more frequently once i'm done with finals and all the cramming that comes with it. i hope you're all doing well.

much love,

- l

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good writer Leah! Love your blog. We need to hang out more often this Summer.

    ReplyDelete