Sunday, December 30, 2012

the hard truth.

there is something that I thought about today. whenever you find something out that is really good, you run and you want to tell people. when you hear a really good song, you run and tell your best friend or your mom about it. why is it not the same with our faith? people, including myself, aren't that bold about sharing the love of Jesus like that. lucky for me, my close family and friends are really on fire for God. i also have a great church that really inspires me to be public about my faith and to take risks. God has really challenged me to be fearless this year. i have really prophetic dreams from God. he really speaks to me through my dreams, and i remember them very well. i had a dream that I was at my school and i was praying for people and people were giving their lives to God and they were being healed. lives were being radically changed, just through my decision to not let fear overtake my love for the Father. that's my goal for this next year. my goal is to live like that. one of my favorite bands wrote a song called live like that, and it has a lyric that really depicts this: "if love is who I am, then this is where I'll stand. recklessly abandoned, never holding back." that right there says it all. if you truly love God and believe that He is love, then you should dedicate your life to showing that love to the people around you. i'm not saying that i'm perfect and that i'm going to be great at this, but i do have a pretty good idea of what i want my life to look like now and for the rest of its days.

4 comments:

  1. Can you put a link to a youtube video or at least the band's name and song these lyrics are in on here please? I'm really lazy and could figure it out myself, but i thought i'd let you do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Leah. You are an awesome writer and so inspiring. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete